Can you believe we are in August already, summer fly by so ( too ) fast!
Our youngest is moving, he is off to college in a different city!
It is crazy how fast these 19 years passed by from a baby to a young man off to college!
But I am so proud of him, and all my 5 kids.
Today I made a magical Cake
I know I use the words magical often when I post recipes but honestly, I only post my baked goods on the blog if they give me this magical feeling when I taste it. Except for my red velvet cupcakes, I only made those because a blog reader was asking for it!
What is so magical with this cake?; Let me tell you
- It has a soft/fluffy cake-like almond crust
- It has a generous amount of homemade vanilla custard
- It has a layer of pears.
- It has a layer with whipped cream, lightly flavored with vanilla.
- Finally, the cake is topped with a gooey Daim caramel fudge, that is out of this world.
Tempted? I sure do hope so♥
Almond crust with vanilla custard cream, pear, whipped cream and Daim caramel fudge
- 1 1/2 cup (200 gram) almonds
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (200 gram) sugar
- Vanilla Custard cream get the recipe →her
- 3-4 pears
- 1 1/2 cup (400 ml) whipped cream
- ¼ tsp. real vanilla powder or 1 tsp. vanilla sugar or 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
Daim caramel fudge
- 7 oz. (200 gram) milk chocolate with daim ( or just use milk chocolate without daim candy)
- 1/8 cup (30 gram) powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup (200 ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (125 gram) butter
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. strong coffee (optional)
Directions; ( Before you start, Check step by step pictures below ↓)
- Before you make the cake, make the vanilla custard, get the recipe →here.
- Next, start making the daim caramel fudge as this needs to cool!
How to make Daim caramel fudge ( see step by step pictures below ↓)
- In a saucepan add Daim chocolate pieces ( or just use milk chocolate), add powdered sugar, butter, heavy cream, salt, and coffee.
- Over low heat stir until the chocolate and butter are melted. about 10 minutes.
- Cool the fudge mixture completely.
- Place the fudge in the fridge for one hour or until it is a bit more firm.
Directions for the cake; ( see step by step pictures below ↓)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line a 9-inch (24 cm) round springform pan with parchment paper, grease the sides and set aside.
- Place the almonds in a food processor, and give it some pulse until you get grounded almonds
- Add all of the eggs, and sugar and pulse for about 30 seconds altogether.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan.
- Bake on the middle rack of oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Do not over bake this cake!
- Let cool completely.
- Once cool remove the cake from the tin and place it on a cake stand, flip the cake it will give you a straight top, and remove the parchment paper.
- Add a generous amount of vanilla custard cream on top and spread it evenly.
- Take the skin of the pears and cute them op I small pieces.
- Place the pears on top of the custard cream.
- Whip up heavy cream and vanilla until fluffy ( if you like it to be sweet at 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar ( i did not feel the need for that)
- Cover the pears with the whipped cream, and if you like to cover the whole cake with whipped cream.
- Try to make the top a bit more flat!
- Place the cake in the refrigerator, for at least one hour.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator.
- Add the daim caramel fudge, a spoonful at a time, on top of the cake.
- It will drizzle down on the sides, if you don’t want that, just add a tiny layer on top. ( Don’t add all the fudge on this cake it will be too sweet ( 1/2 will do) the rest you can use on ice-cream, it is so delicious!
- Refrigerate until you serve.
- Serve and enjoy!
Have a beautiful day you all.
Love Manuela xox
Do you not own a food processor? no worries
Just use almond flour instead.
And place the eggs and sugar in a bowl, whip it up for 1 minutes or until combined.
Add the almond flour and combine!
Step by step pictures;