Hi sweet people ♥
May I tempt you with a salt and sweet snickers cake? This Snickers cake is so delicious!
It has a sweet and salty crust, made from salted peanuts and salted cheese crackers and meringues.
If you want to make the crust glutenfree, just use salted peanuts instead of the Cheese Crackers.
The peanut fudge is so easy to make and so fudgy and so delicious on this cake.
On topp of the cake, I piped whipped cream and drizzled the top with salted peanuts and chopped chocolate.
I hope you are going to love this one, maybe you can make it this weekend and wow your friends and family!
- 4 large egg whites(135 ml),at room temp
- 1 3/4 cups ( 200 gram ) powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cup (125 gram) salted peanuts
- 1 cup (75 gram) crushed cheese crackers ( I use Ritz )
- 7 oz. (200 gram) milk chocolate
- 1/8 cup (30 gram) powdered sugar, optional
- 3/4 cup (200 ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (125 gram) butter
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. espresso powder (optional)
- A handful ) 40 gram) salted peanuts or 3 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 3/4 cup (400 ml) heavy cream, cold
- 1-2 tablespoon, powdered sugar
- 1 /2 tsp real vanilla powder, optional
- Handfull salted peanuts
- 2 oz. (50 gram)dark chocolate, chopped
Directions for the Snickers Crust;
- Preheat the oven to 320F°(160C°)
- Line a 9-inch (24 cm) round springform pan with baking parchment, grease the sides and set aside.
- Add the salted peanuts and cheese crackers in your food processor, Give it some puls I like to have some of the peanuts more coarsely, It gives a great crunch and gooeyness after it is baked.
- Place the egg whites into a clean bowl and beat on low speed until foamy, about 30-60 seconds.
- Increase the speed to medium and beat until soft peaks form and your meringues mixture is as white as snow.
- Add 1/2 of the powdered sugar ( a spoonful at a time) to the meringues mixture.
- Take your time when you do this, and keep your mixer on medium speed so you get a silky smooth texture.
- Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks forms.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar and fold in the ground peanuts / Cheese crackers mixture, combine with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan.
- Use your spatula to make sure it is an even layer and to eliminate any air bubbles.
- Bake on the middle rack for 25 minutes. Do not overbake this cake!
- Let cool completely
Directions for the peanut fudge;
- In a saucepan add the milk chocolate pieces, powdered sugar, butter, heavy cream, salt, espresso powder, and salted peanuts ( or peanut butter)
- Over low heat stir for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the peanut fudge over the cooled Snickers Crust and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Take the cold cake out of the fridge, remove the springform and parchment paper and place it on your cake stand.
- In a medium bowl Whip up heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Fit a pastry bag with a large tip of your choice, fill it with the whipped cream and decorate how you wish or pipe loops from one side of the cake to another.
- Chopp up the salted peanuts and chocolate and combine, and drizzle on top of the cream.
- Place in the fridge until you serve it.
- You can make this cake the day before you want to serve it, but I do recommend you pipe the whipped cream on top just before serving.
Have a wonderful day you all, Love Manuela xo
Step by step for the Cake;
Step by step for the Peanut Fudge;
How to assemble the cake;