Hi, sweet people ♥
Eat cookies for breakfast, with a glass of milk on the side YES Please!!
The weekend is here If you live in Scandinavia we are getting showers of rain this weekend, I love rain and I love fall and I definitely love a rainy weather.
A rainy day is a perfect day, to bake some delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies.
These chocolate chip cookies are so rich in taste and so delicious.
I made homemade chocolate chips by using a silicon matt like the one you see below, I melt dark chocolate and fill the holes in the form, I let the chocolate set, and you have large chocolate chip pieces. The silicone molds come in many different sizes.
These big chunks of chocolate chips are so delicious in these cookies, and together with the walnuts. omg!!!
I added some sea salt on top of the cookies, it just gives an even better taste to these cookies.
In these cookies, I use a blend of all-purpose flour and bread flour.
Bread flour has a higher level of protein about 11,5 % and to mix these two flours together you can a delicious and the perfect cookie.
To get a perfect chocolate chip cookie, try these 4 tips↓ below;
- Use cold butter, diced into 1-inch pieces
- Use cold egg straight out of the fridge
- Use 50 % bread flour and 50 % all-purpose flour
- Do not flatten the cookie dough before baking.
- Use the convection setting
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES WITH HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CHIPS AND, WALNUTS ( MAKES 20 )
- 1 /2 CUP (115 G) UNSALTED BUTTER, COLD AND CUT INTO 1-INCH PIECES
- 1/3 CUP + 2 TABLESPOON (100 G) GRANULATED SUGAR
- 3/8 CUP (75G) LIGHT BROWN SUGAR
- 1 LARGE EGG, STRAIGHT FROM THE FRIDGE
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR VANILLA SUGAR OR REAL VANILLA POWDER
- 1 CUP MINUS 1 TEASPOON (100 G) ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR, SIFTED
- 1 CUP MINUS 1 TEASPOON (100 G) BREAD FLOUR, SIFTED OR USE ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 3/4 TEASPOONS BAKING SODA
- 3/4 TEASPOONS BAKING POWDER
- 1/2 TEASPOON SALT
- 6 -8 OZ. (150-200 G) LARGE CHOCOLATE CHIPS, OR LARGE PIECES OF DARK CHOPPED CHOPPED
- 3 OZ. (75 GRAM) WALNUTS
- Sea salt, for drizzle
DIRECTIONS; ( step by step pictures below ↓)
- Preheat oven to 375F° (180C°). → convection setting
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or → silicone mats.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside for now.
- 5 minutes before you start making these cookies, take the butter out of the fridge and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a standing mixer bowl, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar, light brown sugar, until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla, mix for 30 seconds.
- Add the sifted flour mixture, walnuts and extra large chocolate chips, and mix until it resembles cookie dough.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop mounds onto prepared baking sheets. Make sure to leave plenty of space for cookies to spread during baking. ( do not flatten the cookies )
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are just set but still slightly undercooked.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, cool and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk ♥
Have a beautiful day and weekend you all, Love Manuela xo
Step by step pictures;