Hi you all ♥
If you happen to have overly ripe bananas at home, I can recommend you to make this banana bread-cake.
This cake is super moist, I added walnuts to the banana bread if you don’t like it, just leave it out.
Instead, you could, for example, add 2 oz, (50-gram) dark chocolate, chopped. and if you love cinnamon flavor you can add a teaspoon of that to the cake batter too!
This banana bread is perfect for Autumn baking, I hope you try next time you have some leftover bananas that are ripe and brown.
Moist Banana Bread-Cake
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons (200 gram) sugar
- 2 Large eggs, at room temp
- 2 1/2 cup + 1 Tsp. (285 gram) all-purpose flour
- 9 tablespoons ( 125 gram) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons (100 gram) buttermilk, at room temp
- 2-4 oz. ( 50-100 gram) Walnuts
- Preheat the oven too, 320 F°(160C°)and line a small baking sheet 25 x30 cm with parchment paper
- Mash the bananas with a fork until completely smooth or use a food processor.
- Transfer it to a large bowl, add baking soda, stir the mixture together and let it rest for one minute.
- Add the sugar and eggs, and quickly combine the mixture together.
- Add the flour and melted butter and combine just until you see almost no flour, ( the less you work the cake batter the moister will your banana cake be)
- Add buttermilk and walnuts and quickly combine.
- Pour the cake batter into your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in the middle of the oven, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
Have a wonderful day you all, Love Manuela xo
Step by step pictures;