Hi you all ♥
So in Norway, we have a cake that is called kokosbollekake, I don’t know how to translate so I call it in English a fluffcoconutcake!
This cake has a chocolate layer, made with a Swedish kladdkaka bunn, that I love it is so gooey and delicious.
I then make fluff, and add gelatin so it stays firm, and pour that over the chocolate cake layer, then just before serving I use a small culinary torch, and toast the fluff layer.
That alone is delicious.
I then cut the cake in and take each piece of cake and dip each of the sides in coconut. My goodness, this is such a delicious cake.
I hope you try it♥
FLUFFCAKE (KOKOSBOLLEKAKE )
- One recipe for Swedish kladdkake, get the recipe →her
- one recipe for fluff, get the recipe and step by step instructions →her
- 9 gelatin leaves, soaked in cold water for 10 minutes.
Directions for the Swedish kladdkake;
- Preheat your oven to 347 F°/ 175 C°
- Grease the bottom of your springform pan, and line with parchment paper.
- Make the recipe for the Swedish kladdkake, get the recipe →her
- Let the cake cool down on a wire rack.
Directions for the fluff layer;
- Place the 9 gelatin leaves in cold water for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, start making the fluff, you can find the recipe →her together with instructions.
- Ass soon as you have added syrup to the Fluff/meringues mixture.
- Take the soft gelatin out from the cold water.
- Wring gently to remove excess water, then add it into a small bowl and add 4 tablespoons of hot water, stir to dissolve the gelatin.
- With the mixer on low speed, right away but slowly add the gelatin mixture.
- Then, turn the mixer to medium-high speed and whisk for at least 10 more minutes.
- Add the fluff mixture on top of the cooled chocolate layer.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, removed the springform and the parchment paper underneath the cake layer and place your cake on a cake stand.
- Use a small culinary torch, and toast the fluff layer.
- Cut the cake, and dip each side of each piece into the coconut.
- for the gelatin mixture to blend well with the fluff, it is important you add it when it is liquid, and you need to continue mixing after adding it for at least 10 minutes.
- This cake keeps well in the fridge for 2 day´s, I prefer eating it fresh
- a small culinary torch you can find in most hardware stores, or baking stores, remember you need to purchase gas as well, in Sweden we buy it at the gas station.
I wish you all a wonderful day, Love Manuela xo
Step by step pictures for the kladdkake, you can find →here
How to make the fluff, see step by step instructions →here.