Hope your day is going well, in Scandinavia fall has definitely arrived 🍂
Fall is my favorite time of the year, I love cozy evenings with candle lights and in front of the fireplace.
Today’s temptation is a classic Budapest roll, that I filled with a light and mocha cream, bananas, and Daim candy´s
This cake is so delicious and easy to make, and best of all glutenfree.
Hope I can tempt you to make it this weekend!
Budapest roll with mocha whipped cream, bananas and daim candy
- 250 grams egg whites
- 450 gram sugar
- 200 grams ground almonds
- 75-gram Jell-O pudding -Instant Vanilla or another brand
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream + 2 tbsp.powdered sugar + 1 tsp. vanilla sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. cold brewed coffee or espresso coffee
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 daim candy bars, chopped get these at Ikea
- Need a converter for this recipe, use this →one.
- Preheat oven to ➡️320F°/160C°
- In a medium bowl, blend the ground almonds with the Jell-O Pudding-Instant Vanilla
- In a large bowl, whip egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly add the sugar while beating the egg whites on low speed.
- Whip on medium-high speed until you get a stiff meringue and all the sugar is dissolved.
- With the use of a spatula, carefully fold in the almond / Jell-O Pudding-Instant Vanilla mixture with the meringue mixture.
- Fill a piping bag with the almond meringue mixture ( see video or step by step pictures below ) and pipe stripes from one side of the baking tray to the other side, pipe each stripe close to each other.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 20 min, or until set. ( do not overbake this cake)
- Let the cake cool completely.
- Flip the cake upside down onto a new sheet of parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Carefully peel off the parchment paper.
- Make mocha cream, whip heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla fluffy.
- Add cold brewed coffee, with a spatula combine.
- Spread the whipped mocha cream over the bottom of the cake.
- Add sliced bananas and daim candy on top.
- Place the long side of the cake in front of you and start rolling it.
- I find using the parchment paper or a silicon mat underneath helps the rolling ones you get started, hold on to the paper/silicone mat rather than the cake.
- Once rolled up, make sure the edge of the roll is facing down.
- Serve the cake right away, but it tastes better and the cake becomes more stable when you leave it in the fridge 30-60 minutes and then serve it.
- Keep well in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
- When making this roll cake, you will definitely have some batter left, just pipe them on a baking sheet and bake it for about 10 minutes, you will have delicious almond meringue cookies.
Have a wonderful day/evening you all.✨
See a previous video below how to make the Budapest roll otherwise see step by step pictures below.⤵️