Hi you all 🍂
The weekend is here, and if you are thinking about baking up something easy, and delicious and you happen to love chocolate and espresso, this cake recipe might be the one you want to make.
the Cake is made in minutes and takes just 15 minutes to bake, the espresso cream takes less than 3 minutes to whip up.
This cake is fudgy, gooey, and so delicious, perfect to serve to your guest!
Kladdkake with a light espresso cream
- 2/3 cup (150 gram) butter, melted
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons (240 gram) white sugar
- 1/3 cup (40 gram) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste, or vanilla sugar
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon (120 gram ) all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup ( 250 ml) heavy cream, cold
- 125 gram mascarpone
- 1/2 cup ( 100 gram) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste, optional
- 2-3 tbsp. cold brewed coffee or espresso coffee
- Preheat the oven to 347 F° 175 C°.
- Grease a springform pan ( 8-inch 20 cm ) and line with parchment paper.
- Melted butter in a saucepan.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove, add sugar, cocoa powder, and salt and with a large whisk combine.
- Whisk in one egg at the time, followed by vanilla bean paste.
- Sift in the flour, and with a whisk combine, until it is lump free and shiny.
- Pour batter into the prepared springform pan and smooth out.
- The batter will be very thick.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, The center should still be soft. ( i bake it for 15 minutes.)
- Cool the cake completely, and refrigerate for at least 1- 2 hours.
- Just before serving, remove the cake from the fridge, remove the parchment paper underneath.
- Make the espresso frosting, in a bowl of a mixer whip together heavy cream, mascarpone, powdered sugar and vanilla fluffy, stop the mixer and add cold brewed coffee, with a spatula combine.
- Spread the espresso frosting on top of the cooled kladdkaka with a spatula.
- I use a cake comb on top of the espresso frosting for a fun texture.
- Add chopped Daim Candy on top ( You can find Daim candy at Ikea)
Have a great weekend you all, xoxo
Few Step by step pictures;