Hi you all, I hope you had a great weekend 🍂
Sharing a recipe for a Norwegian Success cake, this time I added chocolate to the custard mixture, it is so delicious!!!
If you don’t know what a Norwegian Success Cake is, watch the video below ⤵️
This cake is made with a gooey almond crust and is topped with a chocolate frosting made from a custard base. In between the frosting, I added sliced bananas, and I added salted peanuts on top of the cake.
The combination is so delicious, hope you try it someday.
Norwegian Success cake, chocolate version
- Almond cake, get the recipe →here.
- 6 EGG YOLKS
- 3/4 CUP + 2 TABLESPOONS(200 ML) HEAVY CREAM
- 2/3 CUP (150 G) SUGAR
- 1 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE, OPTIONAL
- 6 OZ (150 GRAM) DARK CHOCOLATE, CHOPPED
- 2/3 CUP (150 GRAM )UNSALTED BUTTER, CUT INTO PIECES
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Salted peanuts
- Make one recipe, almond cake, get the recipe →here.
- Cool the cake completely, while you make the chocolate frosting
Directions for the Chocolate frosting;
- In a medium saucepan, put the egg yolks, heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla bean paste.
- Over medium heat, whisk continually until the mixture starts to thicken. This takes about 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the chopped chocolate, with a whisk combine.
- transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl, let the mixing bowl cool in a waterbed for 10-15 minutes.
- When cooled, beat the chocolate mixture ( use a paddle attachment on your stand mixer)
- while beating, add butter, piece by piece.
- Beat until the frosting is fluffy.
- Stop the mixer and add cold strong brewed coffee, mix 10 seconds more.
- Spread 1/2 of the chocolate custard cream on top of the cooled almond cake
- Add sliced bananas on top, and add the rest of the chocolate custard on top.
- Decorate the cake with salted peanuts.
- Cut, serve, share and enjoy.
Have a wonderful day you all.
Love Manuela xoxo