Hi you all, hope you all doing fine.
A chocolate sheet cake is by far the most popular cakes to make for any party.
Being a mom to 5 children, I have made a chocolate sheet cake so many times that I can make it in my dreams.
This chocolate sheet cake is a moist cake, it is topped with a delicious milk chocolate fudge and some confetti because after all it is a birthday cake
Hope you try it someday, it´s delicious!
Birthday Chocolate Sheet cake with milk chocolate fudge-frosting
Chocolate Sheet Cake
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (185 gram butter) ,melted
- 1 3/4 cup, minus 1 tablespoon ( 375 gram) sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temp
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract, optional
- 3 cups + 1 tsp (340 gram) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup(40 gram)cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon (250 ml)buttermilk, room-temperature
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (200 ml)strong brewed coffee at room temp
Milk chocolate fudge/frosting
- 1-2 cup powdered sugar, optional
- 7 tbsp. (100 gram) butter cut into 1- inch pieces
- 8 oz. (200 gram) milk chocolate
- 1 tbsp. espresso coffee, strong in flavor, optional
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons (150 ml) heavy cream
- Confetti or candy
Directions for the Chocolate sheet Cake;
- Preheat your oven to 392F°(200C°)
- Grease and line your baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small saucepan melt and cool your butter.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip up your eggs, vanilla, and sugar until tripled in volume, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, if needed!
- Add in the cooled butter and carefully combine with a spatula.
- In a bowl sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients in the bowl of the whipped eggs together with the buttermilk, combine carefully with a spatula.
- Add the other 1/2 of the dry ingredients together with the brewed coffee.
- Carefully combine with a spatula until lump-free.
- Pour the luscious batter into a sheet pan, and spread it evenly.
- Bake the cake in the middle of the oven at 392F°(200 C°) for 20 minutes.
- Check with a cake tester if the cake is done.
- Cool the cake completely.
Directions for the milk chocolate fudge/frosting;
- In a medium-size saucepan, add powdered sugar, heavy cream, butter, chocolate, salt, vanilla, and coffee.
- Warm it over medium heat, stir at all times, until the chocolate/butter is melted and there are no lumps, around 10 minutes.
- Let it cool in the saucepan, for 10-15 minutes.
- Cover the entire cake with the milk chocolate fudge/frosting.
- Sprinkle the top with confetti, optional
- Cut into squares, share with others and enjoy!
Enjoy and I wish you all an amazing weekend.
Step by step pictures ⤵️