Hey you all, I hope you all had a great weekend.
Yesterday I made a super moist carrot cake, it was so delicious.
This carrot cake is made with rice flour, almond flour, hazelnuts, lots of grated carrots, raisins and other yumminess!
I decorated the cake very simple with some whipped mascarpone cream ( made with real vanilla beans) and a simple pink marzipan rose.
If you love a good carrot cake, try this one the next time you plan to bake a carrot cake, I think you are going to love it!
Super Moist Carrot Cake ( gluten-free)
- 14 tablespoons ( 200 grams) unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1 1/8 cup – minus 1 tablespoon (250 gram) sugar
- 6 eggs, medium size at room temp
- 2 cups (200 g) grated carrots
- 2 cups ( 200 gram) almond flour
- 3 oz. ( 80 gram) hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup (50 gram) rice flour or coconut flour ( if you can eat gluten, just use →all purpose flour instead)
- 1 teaspoon.baking powder
- 1 teaspoon. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup ( 50 gram) raisins
- 7 oz (200 gram) mascarpone or cream cheese. cold
- 1 3/4 cups (400 ml) heavy cream, cold
- 3/4 cup (75 gram) powdered sugar
- Seeds scraped out from 1/2 a vanilla bean, or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- Marzipan rose and leaves, get decorations →here how to make the rose
Directions for the carrot cake;
- ➡️Cake: Preheat your oven to 347F°/ 175 C°, grease a 9-inch springform and line with parchment paper and set aside for now.
- In a small bowl, sift together rice-flour, baking powder, and cinnamon and set aside for now.
- Chop your hazelnuts by hand or in your food processor until they are coarsely and set aside for now.
- Peel, wash, and grate your carrots and set aside for now.
- In a bowl of your stand-mixer add unsalted butter ( diced) and sugar, mix until fluffy about 5 minutes.
- When the sugar/butter mixture is fluffy, Add one egg yolk at a time and mix each yolk beating well after each egg ( about 10 seconds for each egg yolk)
- Scrape the side and bottom of the bowl, and add the grated carrots, almond flour, raisins, coarsely chopped hazelnuts, and the rice flour mixture.
- with your mixer on low, give it some puls with your mixer, about 20 seconds, Scarpe the side and bottom of your bowl and set aside for now, while you continue with the meringues mixture.
- ➡️Meringues mixture: Prepare the standing mixer, by wiping the standing mixer bowl and whisk with a paper towel moistened with a little lemon juice to eliminate any trace of grease.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy. Then Add the sugar a little at a time, Beat the Egg whites until glossy, and extremely smooth, but not dry. (about 3-4 minutes)
- Combine the meringues mixture in 3 edition with the carrot mixture, carefully combine each time so you keep the volume of the meringues.
- Scrape batter into your prepared pan.
- Bake in the middle of the oven on 347F°/ 175 C° until a toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean, about 45-50 minutes.
- If you feel the cake is getting too brown on top after 40 minutes cover the cake with a parchment paper.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn out the cake onto rack, and remove the parchment paper.
- Let cool completely.
- ➡️Frosting: Scrape the seeds out of your vanilla bean, add all the ingredients for the frosting into the bowl of your stand mixer, mix until fluffy. ( about 3 minutes)
- Decorate your carrot cake with the frosting ( I use a spatula)
- Decorate with a marzipan rose and leaves if you wish too.
Have a wonderful day you all, Love Manuela xoxo
Step by step pictures ⤵️