Hey you all, it has been a while, if you follow me on my other social media, you have probably seen I have been in Mexico ( but more about this in a separate blog-post)
I just got back yesterday, I love being at home with my husband, my kids and in my own kitchen, my absolute favorite place to be anytime.
Sharing today a recipe for a delicious cake, that cake has a moist vanilla sponge cake, it´s filled with pastry cream, sliced bananas, chopped Daim candy, and whipped salted caramel frosting, it is so good!
This cake is so delicious, I hope you try it.
Sponge Cake with Daim and salted caramel frosting
- 3 x 8 inch ( 20 cm) vanilla sponge cake, get the recipe here
- 1/2 recipe of pastry cream, get the recipe here
- 3 daim candy bars ( chopped)
- 1-2 bananas ( sliced)
- 1 1/2 recipe Salted caramel frosting get the recipe here
- Start by making your 3 x 8 inch ) 20 cm) vanilla sponge cake, you can find the recipe and step by step instruction →here.
- You need 1/2 recipe of the pastry cream, you can find the recipe →her.
- Place the first cake layer on a cake board ( make sure the cake board fits in your refrigerator)
- Place dollops of the pastry cream on the first cake layer, Use a small offset palette knife to spread into an even layer.
- Add 1 banana ( sliced) and 1 1/2 bar Daim candy ( chopped) ( the Daim candy bar is available at Ikea)
- Whip up 1/2 the caramel frosting and place dollops of the whipped frosting on top. Use a small offset palette knife to spread into an even layer.
- Add the next layer ( the vanilla sponge cake) on top, press lightly to make sure it attaches and make sure the sides of the cakes are straight, take a look at the cake from above as this is the best way to see if the layers are lined up.
- Repeat this step with the next layer.
- Add the final vanilla sponge cake layer on top, again take a look at the cake from above as this is the best way to see if the layers are lined up.
- Cover the top and side of the cake with what is left of 1/2 the whipped frosting
- I use a cake collar around the cake and I use an adjustable cake ring and then I add plastic wraps and a book on top of the cake before I place it into the fridge ( this is optional but I do it this way)
- Refrigerate the cake for a few hours, preferably overnight ( it will taste better if you leave the cake in the fridge overnight)
- Next day; whip up the other 1/2 of the caramel frosting.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator, and frost the entire cake with the caramel frosting.
- Slice and enjoy!
Have a wonderful day you all. Check back soon
Love Manuela xo
Step by step picture;