Hey you all,
Hallmark has already started with all the Christmas Movies, So I thought it was legit to post some Christmas recipes already on my blog in November.
If you love a delicious caramel fudge for Christmas, you might want to try these, it´s so good!
This caramel fudge is a very rich, caramel-y fudge that doesn´t last very long, just saying!
Watch the video below how to make this caramel fudge.
- 7. oz (200 gram ) unsalted butter ( chopped)
- 2 tablespoon white syrup or light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoon (200 gram) sugar
- 3.5 OZ (100 gram ) white chocolate, chopped
- 10. OZ (300 gram )sweet condensed milk
- 1/2 cup – 1 tablespoon (100 gram) heavy cream, at room temp
- seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, optional
- Line a square 20cm cake tin or baking dish with baking paper.
- Add sugar to a cast-iron skillet or a heavy deep medium saucepan.
- Heat the sugar over medium heat, until the sugar turns into a dark amber syrup, stir at times but not so much in the beginning! The darker the color of the syrup the richer caramel flavor you will get,
- Once your syrup turns into a dark amber color, Add the butter and stir over medium heat until the butter is melted.
- Add, the heavy cream, light corn syrup, seeds scraped out of the vanilla bean, salt, and sweet condensed milk
- Stir over medium heat for 12-15 minutes. 113C°/ 235F°( make sure to stir at all times)
- Turn off the heat, add the white chocolate ( chopped) and combine with a wooden spoon until you see all the chocolate is melted in.
- Pour into your prepared baking dish, allow to cool and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Cut the fudge into small pieces and enjoy, It´s a very rich, caramel-y fudge that doesn´t last very long, just saying
- It´s best to keep the fudge in the fridge.
Sometimes evaporated milk is referred to as condensed milk, but this is not to be confused with the Sweetened Condensed kind, so make sure you use the right one when making this recipe. sweetened condensed milk usually comes in tins 14oz / 400g by weight, which equals 1 1/4 cups (10 oz / 300 ml by volume)
Have a beautiful day you all, Love Manuela xox
Step by step pictures;