Hey sweet people, I hope you all are doing well.
I can´t believe it´s already December how a year just flies by.
In Sweden we already have snow at times, I look forward to having snow, it´s so beautiful to look at.
I thought to start off December, by sharing the recipe for these cute and so incredibly delicious Santa cupcakes, these are so festive to make especially for the holiday season.
The cupcake is super moist, it is filled with a chocolate fudge and topped with vanilla bean frosting, coconut, and a cute red candy.
The combination of the cupcake, the filling, the topping, and the coconut is just heavenly.
I hope you will try it.
SANTA CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- 14 TABLESPOONS (200 G) UNSALTED BUTTER, AT ROOM TEMPERATURE, CUT INTO PIECES
- 1 1/3 CUPS (300 G) GRANULATED SUGAR
- 4 LARGE EGGS, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 1 3/4 CUPS + 1 TABLESPOON (200 G) ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR, SIFTED
- 3/4 CUP – 1 TABLESPOON (80 GRAM) UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER, SIFTED
- 3 TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
- 1/4 TEASPOON SALT
- 1 TEASPOON ESPRESSO POWDER ( INSTANT)
- 1 CUP + 1/3 CUP (300ML) HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM, AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 2 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR VANILLA EXTRACT, OPTIONAL
- 1/2 RECIPE FUDGE CHOCOLATE FILLING, GET THE RECIPE →HERE.
- VANILLA BEAN FROSTING, GET THE RECIPE→HERE
- DESICCATED COCONUT
- CANDY, OPTIONAL
- Preheat oven to 350F° (180C°).
- Line two cupcake pans with 16 -large paper liners or 24 medium cupcake liners
- Add vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract to the heavy cream, stir and set aside for now.
- Sift flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt in a bowl twice, and set aside.
- In a bowl of a standing mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 6 minutes.
- Scrape the side and the bottom of the bowl, Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing slowly after each addition, but not more than 30 seconds each.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, and the heavy cream, beating slowly until well incorporated, but not more than 30-60 seconds.
- Scoop the batter into baking cups so that each cup is about. 3/4 full, I use a standard size ice-cream scoop for this.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Transfer the pans to a wire rack to cool for one minute then remove the baking cups from the baking pan, let cool completely on a cooling rack.
I wish you all a wonderful day, check back soon, Love, Manuela
FEW STEP BY STEP PICTURES ↓