Hey you all, It has been a while, if you follow me on Instagram you know that I have been working in Dubai for the past week, but anyway I´, back and more recipes are coming this week, just in time for your holiday baking. These cute and fluffy coconut marshmallows are perfect for the holidays.
These have been a favorite of mine since childhood. the combination of vanilla and coconut are just heavenly.
I hope you try these, they are so delicious.
Watch the video below how to make these.
COCONUT MARSHMALLOWS FOR THE HOLIDAY´S
- Two tablespoons unflavored powder gelatin
- 3/4 cup ( 180 ml) cold water
- 1 cup ( 225 gram ) sugar
- 3/4 cup ( 180 ml) light corn syrup or fluid glucose, divided
- 1/3 cup ( 80 ml ) water
- One teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- pink Food coloring
- 1 -2 cups unsweetened coconut
- Before you start, grease your silicon mold with non-stick baking spray, and set aside for now.
- Prepare a piping bag fitted with a wide round nozzle # Wilton 1 A and set aside for now.
- In a medium bowl whisk the gelatin powder and ¾ cup cold water in a small bowl; let sit for 5 minutes to dissolve.
- In a medium bowl add the unsweetened coconut and set aside for now.
- Spray the cavities of your silicon mold with non-stick baking spray and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, ⅓ cup water, and half the corn syrup.
- Clip a candy thermometer to the saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat, constantly stir until sugar is dissolved.
- The syrup needs to reach 240°F (120°C), so keep an eye on it.
- Meanwhile, pour remaining light corn syrup in a standing mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment
- Turn the mixer on low speed.
- Microwave gelatin mixture on high until completely melted, about 40 seconds.
- With the mixer on low speed and gradually pour into the mixer bowl and leave the mixer running on low speed.
- Once the syrup reaches 240°F (120°C), gradually add the sugar syrup slowly to the mixer bowl and beat for one minute on low speed.
- Increase speed to medium-high and beat for about 5 minutes more.
- Add a drop or two of pink food coloring, followed by vanilla bean paste, just mix until all is combined.
- The marshmallow mixture should have doubled, and almost tripled in volume, but make sure the mixture it is not to stiff.
- Stop the mixer and quickly scoop the marshmallow mixture into a prepared piping
- Fill the silicone mold cavities, work fast.
- Cover the top with coconut and let sit for one hour to firm up.
- When ready, pop out the marshmallows from the silicone molds and roll into the coconut.
- Enjoy right away or let dry for a few hours.
Have a beautiful day you all, check back soon.
Love Manuela xoxo
Watch the video below, how to make these.
Turkish pleas ☺️
Sorry i cant write in Turkish
hello dear Manuela. i hope u would be fine 🙂 i made this recipe. it was absolutely fantastic. this was the first time i could make marshmallows this easy and it ended up so delicious. thank u for sharing your great recipes with us. best wishes :*
Happy to hear Mary, Merry christmas