Hi you all, For Christmas desserts, here in Scandinavian, around Christmas time we make rice cream and often serve it on Christmas Eve after dinner, at least at my house! It´s so delicious!
Most people in Norway make it with just whipped cream, a few spoons of sugar and cold ready made sweet rice pudding! I like to add seeds from 1 vanilla bean and mascarpone and a bit more sugar, together with raspberry sauce and sugar-coated almonds, it is amazing, in taste and the perfect dessert for Christmas!
So if you want to try a typical Scandinavia dessert for Christmas, try this one, it´s heavenly!
Rice cream with raspberry sauce
For the rice cream;
- 2 cups ( 500 ml) heavy cream. cold
- 1 cup (250 gram) mascarpone, cold ( optional)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups ( 500 gram) cold ready-made sweet rice pudding
For the raspberry sauce;
- 8 oz. ( 200 gram ) frozen raspberries
- juice from 1 lemon ( i prefer organic lemons)
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch ( optional)
- Sugar coated almonds, get the recipe →here
Direction for the rice cream;
- Pour the cold cream, cold mascarpone into a mixing bowl with the powdered sugar and seeds from 1 vanilla bean.
- Whisk until stiff, then carefully fold in the cold rice pudding with a rubber spatula or large spoon.
- Cover and chill until needed.
To make the raspberry sauce;
- Place the frozen raspberries, juice from one lemon, sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- Warm over medium heat, stir at times, cook until the raspberries are soft.
- Cool and refrigerate until needed, if you don’t like the whole raspberry just add it into a blender and make a raspberry sauce instead.
- Just before serving, Scoop the rice cream into a dessert bowl, and serve with the raspberry sauce and some chopped sugar coated almonds.
Have a beautiful day you all, Love Manuela xoxo
Step by step pictures;