Happy new year you all, It´s has been a while that I have updated my English blog!
I hope you all have gotten a great start into the new year.
Sharing the recipe today for delicious chocolate cupcakes filled with chocolate fudge filling and topped with a fresh blackberry frosting that tastes heavenly!
These chocolate cupcakes are super moist, and are filled with one teaspoon of milk chocolate fudge!
The blackberry frosting is just heavenly, it is fresh in taste and a great combo with the cupcake and filling.
Because this frosting is made with real fruit, after some hours the light pink color will change into the color of the blackberries! So if you like to serve it with this soft pink color, prepare the frosting just before serving and it will keep the color for some hours, Despite the color change, nothing changes when it comes to flavor.
It´s delicious I hope you try it.
Chocolate cupcakes fudge filling- blackberry frosting
- 14 tablespoons ( 200 gram) unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into pieces
- 1 1/3 cups ( 300 gram ) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups + 1 tablespoon ( 200 gram) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup-1 tablespoon ( 80 gram) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder ( instant)
- 1 cup + 1/3 cup ( 300 ml) heavy cream, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract, optional
- 1/2 recipe of fudge chocolate filling, get the recipe →here
- 7 oz( 200 gram ) frozen blackberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar ( optional)
- Juice from 1 lemon ( preferably organic)
- 2 1/4 cups ( 500 ml) heavy cream
- 1 cup ( 250 gram) mascarpone. cold
- 1 cup ( 100 gram) powdered sugar or 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 1 teaspoon real vanilla powder
Directions for the cupcakes;
- Chocolate Cupcakes; Preheat oven to 350F° (180C°).
- Line two cupcake pans with 16 -large paper liners or 24 medium cupcake liners
- Add vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract to the heavy cream, stir and set aside for now.
- Sift flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt in a bowl twice, and set aside.
- In a bowl of a standing mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 6 minutes.
- Scrape the side and the bottom of the bowl, Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing slowly after each addition, but not more than 30 seconds each.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, and the heavy cream, beating slowly until well incorporated, but not more than 30-60 seconds.
- Scoop the batter into baking cups so that each cup is about. 3/4 full, I use a standard size ice-cream scoop for this.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Transfer the pans to a wire rack to cool for one minute then remove the baking cups from the baking pan, let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Filling; Make fudge chocolate filling at least one hour before you start baking off the cupcakes and place it in the fridge to get firm, you can find the recipe for the chocolate fudge filling →here.
- Make a small hole in the middle each of the cooled cupcakes with a knife, and fill it with fudge chocolate filling, about one teaspoon in each cupcake.
- Blackberry Frosting; Bring frozen blackberries, sugar and lemon juice to a boil in a saucepan, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until blackberries are soft.
- Run the blackberries in a blender or use a large wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, using the back of a spoon to squeeze out the juice. discard the pulp and seeds and place the juice in the fridge for at least one hour to cool and get cold, before you combine it with the cream.
- In a large bowl, add mascarpone, heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla, whisk this fluffy, it takes just a few minutes.
- Add the 3/4 cup cold blackberry-juice and with a spatula combine until smooth.
- The cream is now ready to be piped onto the cooled cupcakes
- Place the blackberry frosting into a piping bag fitted with a nozzle of your choice ( I use an open star nozzle)
- Make 2 swirls on top of each cupcake.
Have a beautiful day you all. Love Manuela
Step by step Pictures;