Hi everyone; hope you all doing fine!
Today I had the urge to make chocolate chip cookies, my favorite cookie.
I added some caramel candy that I had in my fridge after Christmas that I chopped up and added walnuts
This cookie is dangerously delicious, just saying! I´m not going to tell you how much of these cookies I ate today they were that good!
I use homemade caramel candy but you can, of course, buy storebought! but homemade is always better, especially the amount of vanilla these caramels have!
I sure hope I can tempt you to make these cookies.
To get a chocolate chip cookie fluffy, try these 4 tips↓ I mention below;
- Use cold butter, diced into 1-inch pieces
- Use cold eggs/yolk, straight out of the fridge
- Do not flatten the cookie dough before baking.
- Use the convection setting
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES WITH CARAMEL CANDY
- 1 CUP (225 G) UNSALTED BUTTER, COLD AND CUT INTO 1-INCH PIECES
- 3/4 CUP (200 G) GRANULATED SUGAR
- 3/4 CUP (150 G) BROWN SUGAR
- 2 LARGE EGGS, STRAIGHT FROM THE FRIDGE
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR VANILLA EXTRACT
- 3 CUPS (330G) ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR, SIFTED
- 1 TEASPOONS BAKING SODA
- 1 TEASPOON SALT
- 7 OZ (250 gram) DARK CHOCOLATE MORSELS
- 3 OZ (100 gram) CREAMY CARAMELS, GET THE RECIPE →HERE OR BUY STOREBOUGHT
- 3 OZ (100 gram) WALNUTS
DIRECTIONS; ( step by step pictures below ↓)
- Preheat oven to 375F° (190C°). → convection setting
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or → silicone mats.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside for now.
- 5 minutes before you start making these cookies, take the butter out of the fridge and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a standing mixer bowl, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar, light brown sugar, and vanilla until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. ( I use the paddle attachment)
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the sifted flour mixture, chocolate chips, walnuts, and creamy caramel candy ( chopped op) mix it fast until it resembles cookie dough.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop mounds onto prepared baking sheets. Make sure to leave plenty of space for cookies to spread during baking. ( do not flatten the cookies )
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, until cookies are just set but still slightly undercooked.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, I add some more chocolate and creamy caramels on the top right after the cookies come out of the oven.
- Cool and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk ♥
Have a beautiful Day everyone; Love Manuela xoxo
Step by step pictures;