Cinnamon caramels rolls
- 2/3 cup (150 gram) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup (180 gram) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla powder, optional
- 2 1/8 cups (550 ml) milk
- 7 1/4 cup (800 gram) all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 50 gram fresh yeast or dry yeast
- 7 tablespoons (100 gram) soft butter
- 5-6 tablespoon sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 3 oz. (100 )gram walnuts, chopped
- 4 oz. (100 gram) creamy caramels get the recipe →here or use storebought
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- more mini creamy caramel bites after the rolls are baked
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line two large baking sheets, with parchment paper or a silicone mat and set aside.
- In a saucepan add the butter, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla, heat over medium heat until the butter is melted.
- Cool the milk-butter mixture until it is 98.6ºF / 37ºC
- Scrumble the yeast and add into the cooled milk-butter mixture whisk until dissolved, then add both of the eggs and whisks until dissolved.
- In the bowl, of a standing mixer, fitted with a dough hook attachment, add the flour and salt lightly combine.
- Pour in the milk mixture, start mixing the dough on medium speed for 7-8 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and covered with a kitchen towel and let it rise for 30-40 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Dust your workplace lightly with flour.
- When the dough is ready, divide the dough into two pieces, roll the dough on a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle
- Spread the soft butter on the dough with the back of a spoon; cover it with sugar and cinnamon.
- Add tiny pieces of →creamy caramels on top and chopped walnuts.
- Starting at the long side of the rectangle gently roll the dough up into a tight log shape.
- Using a sharp knife cut into 1 ½ inch thick rolls.
- Place the rolls, cut side down, on to prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Cover pan with a clean kitchen towel and let the dough rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Just before baking, combine milk and egg give it a little whisk
- Brush each of the buns with an egg wash and dust the tops with some cinnamon powder and granulated sugar.
- Bake in a preheated oven (I use the convection setting in my oven, this setting makes them fluffier) until golden brown on the top and edges, about 15-18minutes.
- Right after the buns comes out of the oven, add some tiny pieces of creamy caramels on top, it will melt into the buns and is even more delicious.
- Serve and enjoy these cinnamon caramel buns, they are so delicious.
Have a wonderful day you all.
Step by step pictures;