Hi everyone, I hope you all are enjoying the weekend.
I have been in Norway for some days and did not have the time to write a blog-post! But now I´m back home and I will try to come up with some sweets for valentines day!
One of the things I think is delicious to make for valentines day is meringues cookies in a shape of a rose!
These meringues cookies I drizzled with some white nonpareils before I bake these off!
What I love with these cookies made with the @meringuegirls method, is the meringues don’t have to be in the oven for more than 45-60 minutes, you take them out and you can enjoy this right away!
they are crispy on the outside and chewy in the middle!
PINK MERINGUES COOKIES FOR VALENTINES DAY
- 400-gram superfine sugar or sugar
- 200-gram egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste, optional
- 2 drops of pink food color
- lemon juice for cleaning the bowl and whisk
You will need;
- piping bag
- Wilton 1M nozzle
- Preheat your oven to 200 C° / 392 F°
- Line two large baking trays with a silicone mat, or use parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare the standing mixer, by wiping the standing mixer bowl and whisk with a paper towel moistened with a little lemon juice to eliminate any trace of grease.
- Line a medium baking tray with baking parchment, pour in the sugar and warm it in the oven for 7 minutes. ( use a timer)
- A soon as the sugar is in the oven, right away pour the egg whites into a mixer and whisk them slowly for some minutes, allowing small stabilizing bubbles to form, then increase the speed to medium so the meringues become stiff peaks.
- When you have 30 seconds left of the sugar being in the oven, turn your mixer up to high speed.
- Take the sugar out of the oven, and turn the oven down to 100 C°
- With your mixer on full speed, very slowly add one teaspoon of the hot sugar into the beaten egg whites, take your time when you do this, and don’t be tempted to add more than one teaspoon at a time.
- Make sure the mixture comes back up to stiff peaks after each teaspoon of sugar
- Once you have added all the sugar, continue to whisk on full speed until you have a smooth, stiff and glossy mixture and all of the sugar is incorporated.
- Add two drops of pink food color and vanilla bean paste ( optional, continue to mix for one minute more.
- You will need a disposable piping bag and a Wilton 1M nozzle, place the nozzle in the bag and cut the tip-off.
- Spoon your meringues mixture into a large piping bag.
- If you are using parchment paper to pipe the meringues on, you will need to add some meringues mixture underneath the parchment paper below so it sticks to the baking tray.
- Pipe out your meringue roses, start in the middle make and quickly with constant pressure go around.
- Bake for about 45-60 minutes or until the meringue bases come off the parchment paper clean.
- Take it out of the oven right away, do not let them be in the oven!
- These meringues roses keep well for 2 weeks, in a container or wrapped in plastic wrap.
Have a wonderful day you all. Love Manuela
If you want to know how to make the meringues, watch the video below of a previous video.