Happy Thursday everyone, I can’t believe how fast this week just flew by.
I hope you are all looking forward to the weekend, I´m ready for spring and sunshine I got a new hair cute this past week, a bit shorter (love it)
This weekend I´m getting over some friends and I look forward to just spending time with them.
Today, I´m sharing a delicious recipe for a chocolate sheet cake and a →new chocolate frosting recipe that is just heavenly, smooth and a dream for any chocolate lover, including me!
This chocolate cake is super moist, it keeps moist for day´s and the frosting is so heavenly, it is not too sweet and just the right amount of cocoa powder, I hope you try this cake for Easter I think you will wow your friends.
Please make sure you read my recipe and instructions properly before you start baking this cake.Chocolate sheet cake with speckled easter eggs
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoons (250 ml brewed coffee or instant coffee ) ( or → use just water )
- 15 tablespoons ( 200 gram) butter
- 1/3 cup (40 gram ) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (200 gram ) sour cream
- 1 1/3 cup (300 gram) sugar
- 2 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups (270 gram) all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup (50 gram) unsweetened 100 % cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (100 gram) sugar
- 1 tsp espresso powder ( optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) hot water
- 2 cups ( 500 ml) heavy cream, cold ( I use 40% fat content)
- When making my recipes I do recommend using a scale instead of us. measurements as it is more accurate.
- Preheat oven to 338F°(170C°).
- Grease and line 1/2 sheet cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add the sugar, butter ( diced) brewed coffee ( or water) and cocoa.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat, warm until the butter and sugar are totally dissolved. (stir at times if needed) and the mixture is warm.
- Turn off the stove, right away add in the sour cream and with a whisk quickly combine.
- Whisk in one egg at the time, make sure each egg is well combined before adding in the next.
- Sift in the flour mixture, and very carefully combine the mixture together.
- Make sure to not over-blend after you added the flour mixture as it will result in a dry cake!
- I just poke the flour mixture into the wet mixture, just poke with your whisk and add the end, stir with your spatula to make sure there are no lumps of flour left in the mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Take the cake out of the oven, and cool completely.
- Make the →chocolate frosting,
- In a medium bowl, add unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar, espresso powder, and salt.
- Add hot water, and with a whisk combine, place the bowl in the refrigerator to get cold.
- Take the heavy cream out of the fridge and place it into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, Add the cooled chocolate mixture into a bowl, take the super cold heavy cream out of the freezer, and pour it over the chocolate mixture.
- Add 1/4 tsp of baking powder, this is optional but baking powder in whipped cream, let you whip it longer without making it grainy. ( don’t add more baking powder in this recipe then I mention in the ingredients list.
- Use your hand mixer or stand mixer ( with a whisk attachment) and start on →low and mix for 1 whole minute.
- Continue mixing on →medium for about 1-3 minutes more, as soon as you see the mixture starts to get thick stop the mixer ( do not over-mix ) and just combined everything with your spatula.
- Spread the delicious chocolate frosting over the cooled chocolate sheet cake.
- Decorate with speckled chocolate easter eggs.
- Because this cake contains butter, it is best to keep the cake covered at room temp so it stays moist for days.
- Slice and enjoy.
Have a beautiful day and weekend you all, Love Manuela xoxo
Step by step pictures↓
Love your recipes! Amazing pictures too! ?
Thank you so much
Hva mener du med “grease and line 1/2 sheet cake pan with parchment paper”? På bildet så ser det ut som du har brukt hele kakeformen og ikke halvparten? Hvor stor er kakeformen, det er umulig å gjette ut fra bildet og gjør stor forskjell på ferdig bakst.
Hei er det ikke bedre å følge min Norske blogg, der står alt på Norsk? bare klikk på den norske flagg helt øverst på bloggen!