Hi everyone; I hope you had a great weekend, I notice it was mothers day yesterday in most countries.
I hope you all had an amazing mothers day, In Sweden, we have mothers day a bit later.
Sharing today a simple but oh´ so delicious recipe for blueberry jam.
It is made in less than 10 minutes, and it is so juicy and delicious.
I never buy store-bought jam, because of the sugar content, and because my homemade version is so fast and easy to make and so more delicious.
I love to add a spoonful of blueberry jam in my yogurt, together with oatmeal and some chopped dark chocolate, it is my favorite breakfast.
Add times I add a spoonful of lemon curd on top, as these two flavors go so well together. You can get the recipe for the lemon curd →here. ( it is made in minutes and so delicious)
I hope you try it, I think you are going to love it.
Homemade Blueberry Jam
- 2 cups ( 500 grams) frozen wild blueberries
- Finely grated lemon zest from one lemon ( I prefer organic lemons)
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon sugar ( you can use less or omit all of the sugar)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions; For step by step pictures scroll down ↓
- In a saucepan, add 1/2 the frozen wild blueberries, lemon zest, freshly squeezed lemon juice, sugar, and cornstarch.
- With a wooden spoon combine the blueberry-mixture and place the saucepan over medium heat and heat the mixture for about 5 minutes. ( stir at times so the blueberry-mixture doesn´t stick to the bottom of the pan)
- After 5 minutes add the rest of the frozen wild blueberries and with a wooden spoon combine, heat over medium heat for 2 minutes more, remove from heat.
- Transfer to an airtight jar and refrigerate until completely cold
- The jam will keep up to 1 week.
- Enjoy, it is delicious on bread, crepes, waffles or in yogurt
- Wild blueberries are better in taste than fresh blueberries and are available in most grocery stores at whole foods and similar markets
I wish you all a wonderful new week, check back soon, Love Manuela xoxo
Step by step pictures↓