Hi everyone; I hope all is well with you.
Sharing the recipe for a delicious mint ice cream, that is made with fresh mint.
I added some mini chocolate chips into the ice cream as well as mint and chocolate goes well together.
I love the combination of mint and chocolate, and by adding a few drops of pure peppermint extract it makes this mint ice cream so extra delicious.
Unfortunately, I could not find all the step by step pictures on my hard drive but most of it is below if you scroll down.
Freshly Mint Ice Cream
- A large handful of fresh mint
- 2 cups ( 500 ml) cold heavy cream
- 6 ounces (150 ml) cold sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1-2 drops pure peppermint extract ( optional)
- 1-2 drop of green food color ( optional)
- A large handful of mini chocolate chips
- 4 oz. (100 gram)dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup ( 125 ml) heavy cream
- Put the mint into a jar, pour over the heavy cream, stir together, cover and refrigerator overnight.
- Just before making the ice cream; strain the mint cream through a sieve, into a large mixing bowl, discard the mint.
- Use your hand mixer and beat the cold mint heavy cream until fluffy.
- Stop the mixer and add in the cold sweetened condensed milk and continue to beat on medium speed for about a minute more.
- Add vanilla bean paste, 1-2 drops of green food color, and 1-2 drops of pure peppermint extract, mix just until combined.
- Add in the mini chocolate chips and combine with a spatula.
- Place the mint ice cream into a freezable container cover with a lock and freeze for 4–5 hours or until solid.
- For the Chocolate sauce, →Heat the heavy cream until it is about to boil, then pour over the chopped chocolate and whisk until smooth and shiny. Set aside until needed
- 15 minutes before serving, take your ice cream out of the fridge, Scoop, re-heat your chocolate sauce if needed, pour over the mint ice cream and enjoy
Have a wonderful weekend you all, love Manuela xoxo
Step by step pictures;