Hi Sweet Readers; I hope you all are doing fine and have gotten a great start to a new week. The sun is shining in Sweden today I love those rays of sunshine i my kitchen.
If you love a coffee/ mocca flavor meringues these Mocca Meringues kisses are easy and fast to make and delicious. These meringues are crispy delcious to enjoy with a cup of coffee, or to crush in a ice cream base.
Mocca Meringues Kisses
- 3 large egg whites (90 gram) room temperature ( it´s best to use a scale to weigh your egg whites)
- A pinch of cream of tartar or a few drops of lemon juice
- 75 gram superfine sugar ( see tip)
- 75 gram confectionary sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or pure vanilla extract ( optional)
- 1-2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
Directions for the Pink Meringue kisses
- Preheat the oven to 212F° (100 C°) Line two baking sheets with a silicon matt or use parchment paper.
- Wipe the inside of a mixer bowl, as well as the whisk attachment and hand whisk, with a paper towel dampened with a little lemon juice to eliminate any trace of grease.
- Put the egg whites into the bowl and beat on slow speed, allowing small bubbles to form, add in a pinch of cream of tartar ( or lemon juice) as soon as the egg whites start to foam then increase the speed to medium until the egg whites form soft peaks.
- With your mixer on medium speed, add the superfine sugar a spoonful at a time.
- Continue mixing on medium speed until very stiff peaks form and the meringue is glossy and thick ( about 3 minutes)
- Stop the mixer, add the vanilla, instant espresso powder and sift in the confectionary sugar into the mixing bowl and mix on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Fit a large pastry bag with a large decorating tip ( I use Ateco #849 nozzle and Ateco #869)
- Squeeze out meringues kisses onto your parchment paper, If you´re having trouble with the parchment paper sliding around or rolling up while you´re pipping your meringues, apply a little bit of the meringue under each corner of the parchment, press onto the baking sheet and start pipping.
- Bake both of the trays in the oven ( I use the confectionary setting) for 40 -60 minutes, depending on the size of your meringues.
- The cookies should be crisp, but not browned or discolored, transfer the baking sheet to wire racks to cool completely.
- For best results, store the meringues in an airtight container at room temperature away from moisture
- Cream of tartar ( or a few drops of lemon juice) stabilizes the egg whites so that you can achieve maximum volume without ever drying them out and deflate them by overbeating, add the cream of tartar after the egg whites start to foam.
- Make superfine sugar; by grinding white sugar in a food processor or in a clean coffee grinder.
Step by step pictures; ↓