Happy Friday you all, the weekend is here and I know a lot of you love to bake something simple to enjoy on the weekends, that does not take a long time to put together.
So many of you love my recipe for Swedish kladdkaka, that you can find here.
This is a lemon version instead of chocolate I add freshly pressed lemon juice, lemon zest, and sour cream. The sour cream gives a bit of a tang which I love in this cake. The cake is a bit underbaked just like the classic version, and this version you need to refrigerate for 2 hours before you enjoy it.
This lemon kladdkaka is lemony gooey, it is best to enjoy when it is cold when you slice it looks a bit cakey and some parts look kind of raw but that is how this cake is supposed to look, to get this gooey feeling! If you want it to be less gooey and cakey bake it until the top is firm instead.
There is so much flavor in this cake, that I kept it simple and just dusted the top with powdered sugar.
- 150 gram unsalted butter, melted
- 240 gram superfine sugar or white sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste, or pure vanilla extract ( optional)
- finely grated lemon zest
- 50 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 50 gram sour cream, at room temp
- 120 gram all-purpose flour
Note before you start;
- For this recipe, I use organic lemons, Organic lemons are untreated and unwaxed, which makes them tastier to eat. If you use regular lemons, make sure to scrub them thoroughly to remove pesticides.
- I use organic free-range eggs in this recipe that gives a more golden color to this cake, it tastes the same, but it gives a more golden color.
Directions for the Lemon Kladdkaka
- Preheat the oven to 175C, grease, and flour one 20 cm ( 8-inch) round cake pan and line with a parchment circle.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat melt the butter.
- In the meantime, in a large bowl add the sugar, eggs, vanilla, finely grated lemon zest, freshly squeezed lemon juice, sour cream, and all-purpose flour. Make sure the all-purpose flour is on top.
- Pour the melted butter on top of the all-purpose flour, use a whisk and mix until combined. ) Mix lightly it takes around 20-30 seconds to combine.
- You will notice some white parts in the batter this is the sour cream, just leave it like that, and do not mix more than needed.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake in the center of the oven bake the cake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the top has hardened, but the center should still be a bit soft ( I baked mine for 23 minutes, As I love it a bit more baked)
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Just before serving, dust the top with powdered sugar ( optional) slice and enjoy!
- The cake will keep in the refrigerator, wrapped up to 2 days.
Have a wonderful weekend all of you.
Love Manuela xoxo
Step by step pictures;