These cupcakes are inspired by the banoffee cupcakes I tasted in Peggy Porschen’s parlour in London’s Belgravia. My version consists of soft vanilla sponges, a surprise caramel filling, and a luscious vanilla mascarpone topping.
Banoffee cupcakes 12-16
- 1 cup (235 g) unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 ¼ cup (250 g) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (235 g) almond flour
- 2/3 cup (80 g) all-purpose flour
- 5 large eggs
- ¼ cup (60 ml) heavy cream or vanilla custard
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- Light and Easy Whipped cream
- 1-2 bananas, mashed
Let the cupcakes cool. Once cool, scoop out the tops of each cupcake.
Make the Caramel filling that you can find her. and let cool.
Place the caramel into a plastic piping bag and use to fill the scooped-out holes of the cupcakes.
Make the Banana whipped cream use the recipe for the Light and Easy Whipped cream that you can find her. and fold in the mashed banana. Do not overmix.
To decorate: Prepare a piping bag fitted with a large tip. Fill with the banana whipped cream and pipe a swirl or two on top of each cupcake. To finish, place a slice of banana on top of the topping for each cupcake.
Dust with a little cocoa powder, if you like