Hi you all.
I hope you all are having a beautiful day with lots of sunshine and clear blue skies.
Sharing a delicious peanut cake recipe today it is glutenfree and so delicious.
The sweetness of the meringues mixture and the salted peanuts, such a great combo!
I will share one example with you all tomorrow how to serve a cake like this!
This cake is so gooey and using salted peanuts in the meringues mixture makes it one special cake, that is just so easy to make and so delicious.
If you cant eat peanuts or don’t like it, you can use cashew nuts instead or use almonds.
Easy Peanut Cake
- 4 large egg whites(125 ml),at room temp
- 2 cups ( 220 gram ) confectioner´s sugar or powdered sugar
- 2 cups (250 gram) salted peanuts
A note before you start with the meringue mixture.
- Cold eggs are easier to separate, but room-temperature whites attain more loft when whisked. Separate the eggs while cold, and then let the whites stand, covered, at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before beating.
- Wipe your bowl and the whisk of your electric mixer with a paper towel damped with a little lemon juice to eliminate any trace of grease, this is to ensure your egg whites will whip up nicely.
- Preheat the oven to 320F°(160C°)
- Line a 9-inch (24 cm) round springform pan with baking parchment, grease the sides and set aside.
- Make finely ground nuts in your food processor, I like to have some of the peanuts more coarsely, It gives a great crunch and gooeyness after it is baked.
- Blend half of the confectioners or powdered sugar with the ground peanuts in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the egg whites into a clean bowl and beat on low speed until foamy, about 30-60 seconds.
- Increase the speed to medium and beat until soft peaks form and your meringues mixture is as white as snow.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the remaining 1 cup powdered sugar at a time.
- Take your time when you do this, and keep your mixer on medium speed so you get a silky smooth texture.
- Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks forms.
- Once you stop whipping the egg whites, it’s best to move quickly.
- Fold in the ground peanuts and powdered sugar mixture with a silicone spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan.
- Use your spatula to make sure it is an even layer and to eliminate any air bubbles.
- Bake on the middle rack for 25-30 minutes. Do not overbake this cake!
- Let cool completely
- Top this cake with anything you like, dark chocolate frosting, or anything you like.
- This cake gets gooey and better in taste if you place it in the fridge before serving!
Check back tomorrow, to see how I finished off this cake!
Have a beautiful day you all, Love Manuela
Step by step pictures;