if you are a fan of chocolate cupcakes and ganache you might want to give this recipe a try!
If you have my English baking book Love Manuela, You find this recipe on page 146 and I know many of you have already made this from my book and told me how much you like it!
This is one of my absolute favorite chocolate cupcakes.
The cupcakes are moist and, Oh-so delicious!
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES & COFFEE GANACHE
Ingredients for silky ganache;
- 2 cups ( 500 ml) heavy cream
- 1/3 cup ( 80 gram) runny honey
- 1-2 tablespoons instant espresso powder, optional
- 14 oz. (400 gram) dark chocolate ( 66% ) chopped
- 2/3 cup ( 150 gram) unsalted butter, diced
Ingredients for the chocolate cupcakes;
- 1 2/3 cups ( 200 gram) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ( 60 gram) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temp
- 1 1/4 cups ( 250 gram ) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup ( 170 gram) mayonnaise ( not low fat)
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon brewed coffee ( or espresso coffee ) or warm water
Direction for silky ganache;
- Prepare the ganache the day before;
- Place the coarsely chopped chocolate and diced butter in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine cream, honey, and espresso powder.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and butter.
- Immediately stir with a whisk until smooth and shiny.
- The chocolate will often settle, so scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula to make sure there are no lumps.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Allow the ganache to sit at room temperature ( not in the fridge) at least 6-8 hours but preferably overnight until it reaches a spreadable consistency.
- This gives you a beautiful and shiny ganache that is perfect for piping gorgeous cupcakes.
- Preheat the oven to 330°F (165°C). Line one or two cupcake pans with 16 paper liners. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- Put eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract into a standing mixer bowl beat on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and beat for another 5 minutes, on high speed. Scraping the sides of the bowl again.
- Add the mayo, and beat until blended into the batter, about 30 seconds.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa mixture in two additions alternating with the coffee/water, stir until everything is well blended.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cup liners, and bake on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Transfer the ganache to a piping bag fitted with Ateco 849 nozzle or a tip of your choice and pipe two swirls on top of each cupcake.
- Decorate with pretty sprinkles, and serve.
- Store the cupcakes loosely covered at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Have a beautiful day you all, love Manuela xoxo
→Step by step ganache; how to make see the video below⤵️
→How to make the chocolate cupcake, watch the first few minutes of the video below ⤵️