Hi sweet readers ♥
Love Heart meringues is a perfect treat for Valentine’s day. They are so delicious and sweet on the eyes too since they are so cute and pretty in the shape of a heart.
You can cover these in dark chocolate and some mini sprinkles for a cute look or pipe roses
- Watch the video below how to make the roses meringues.
- Watch the video below how to pipe the meringues hearts.
Or just pipe swirls with a Wilton #1M nozzle
LOVE HEART & MERINGUES ROSES
- APPROXIMATELY 1 CUP (240 ML) EGG WHITES, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 2 1⁄4 CUPS (510 G) SUPERFINE OR GRANULATED SUGAR
- 1⁄2 VANILLA BEAN, SEEDS SCRAPED, OPTIONAL
- Preheat oven to 175º F (80ºC). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Prepare the standing mixer, by wiping the standing mixer bowl and whisk with a paper towel moistened with a little lemon juice to eliminate any trace of grease, set aside.
- Place a medium saucepan with water over medium-high heat.
- Place the sugar, egg whites and the seeds scraped from ½ a vanilla bean into a large bowl, if you use vanilla bean paste, add it when you add color add the end.
- Whisk mixture until sugar is completely dissolved.
- You can also test to see if the sugar is dissolved, by rubbing a little bit of the mixture between your fingers, if you can still feel the sugar, continue to stir to dissolve the sugar. This step is very essential in order for the meringue to be smooth and beautiful with a creamy taste and not grainy.
- When it is ready, pour the mixture into a prepared bowl and whisk on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase the speed to medium and beat until very stiff. At this point, add a few drops of food coloring, this is optional, and continue to mix until the meringue is glossy and thick, and the mixing bowl does not feel warm anymore. This takes about 4 minutes.
- Transfer the meringue to a large pastry bag fitted with a large round tip (ATECO #806)
- Use a little of the meringue to stick down the paper on the baking tray, and pipe the heart shapes. ( SEE VIDEO)
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 2 – 6 hours, The meringues are ready when they are crisp on the outside and the bases are dry and not at all sticky.
- Dip 1/2 of the meringue kisses into the dark chocolate if you wish to.
- TO MAKE LOVE HEARTS YOU WILL NEED A ATECO #806 TIPP
- TO MAKE ROSES YOU WILL NEED A WILTON #1M TIPP
Absolutely lovely! The explanation was very clear and the video perfect. Thank you for sharing your art.
Thanks Lillian so happy to hear that
Hi Manuela! What brand of food coloring is it on the Rose swirl meringues? So pretty!!!
thanks, it is from sugarflair, the color is dusty pink
I tried this recipe twice already. I could never reach the stiff peaks. First time they turned out fine but became totally crispy and I wanted a chewy inside. The second time was even worse. I bake french macarons daily, so I am sure I can make a strong meringue with my kitchen aid. What can be the problem?? The batter is rather viscous.
Hi Timea, next tim Prepare your standing mixer, by wiping the standing mixer bowl and whisk with a paper towel moistened with a little lemon juice to eliminate any trace of grease, before you proseed it could be that your bowl has trays of fat
The colours you use on the rose meringues are a absolutely lovely.May I know what brand and the colours you use ….
From sugarflair! dusty pink
I love your work Manuela . Can I suggest one more step and customize those gorgeous treats while baking with transfer sheets to add some pizzaz .
Contact me if you need more info.
I will check it out it looks amazing, i defintly want to try it!
I can arange posibly to get some free samples if you want to try it.
Let me know if you would like printed or non printed sheets ( altough for blank sheets you would need edible printer https://www.kakewalk.com/Edible-Printers )
Thank you Mariana, i can order my selv. thanks
Can i use vanilla essence instead vanilla bean seed, seeds scraped or paste?