If you love pie, you should try this delicious famous Norwegian pie called ” Fyrstekake ”
This pie is all things gooey and delicious. The filling is a simple, gooey almond filling, so simple and easy to make, I truly hope you will love this Norwegian classic pie.
Ingredients: For the pastry:
- 2/3 cup (150 g) unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup (100 g) powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the almond filling:
- 10 oz. (300 g) almonds
- 1 ¼ cup (250 g) granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp (25 g) melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup (60 ml) heavy cream
- Seeds from ½ vanilla bean
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Grease an 8 or 9-inch (20-24 cm) pie dish. Make the pastry. Put all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until the pastry comes together. Do not pulse more than necessary. Dust your work surface with a little flour and roll out the dough.
- Place on a lined baking tray, cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remove the tray from the refrigerator and use your rolling pin to make sure the dough is evenly rolled. Once rolled, the dough should be about 1/8-inch (3 mm) thick. Use it to line the pie dish and trim off the excess. Gather the excess dough and wrap in plastic wrap for later. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to 1 hour. Make the almond filling. Finely grind the almonds in a food processor with the sugar. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until everything is well blended.